ROAD TRIP TO LEH, LADAKH – THE RAW WAY..THE REAL WAY
** This is an exclusive road trip tailor made for the adventurer within you, who hungers to experience the main attractions of Leh, Ladakh in an unconventional style. This “raw” tour will give you first-hand experiences of travelling the way early travelers did, along one of the best trade routes between Punjab and Central Asia. These ancient adventurers would have to camp and cook their meals along their lengthy, yet rewarding journeys, which allowed them to observe and appreciate how beautiful, untouched and awe-inspiring Leh and its surrounding region truly is. Come relive their wonder and join us for new adventures in this enchanted land which will leave you with life long memories of your own **
OTHER DEPARTURES DATES TO LEH
1st Batch – 14th JUN TO 25th JUN
2nd Batch – 12th JUL TO 23th JUL
3rd Batch – 9th AUG to 20th AUG
4th Batch – 27th Sep to 8th Oct
ITINERARY FOR THE 10 DAY TRIP
– Depart from Delhi for Manali on an overnight Volvo bus.
– Reach Manali early in the morning.
– Take local autos and head to Old Manali from the bus terminal.
– Check into a guesthouse and freshen up.
– After having breakfast on the Old Manali road you can stroll around the bazaar area, or explore the surrounding areas on foot or by bicycle.
– We then head up to the hot water springs at Vashisht, a small village 3 kms from Manali.
-There is also the option of heading up to Solang for adventure activities.
– We break for lunch by the riverside, at one of the small dhabas before returning to old Manali.
– For dinner you can try some trout – a famous, locally fished specialty – or visit one of the surrounding cafes for some authentic, and delicious Italian food.
– Return to the guesthouse for the night.
– We depart for Sarchu early in the morning.
– We will cross the famous Rohtang Pass and get our first glimpse of snow and ice hugging the sides of the road in patches.
– You can also see lush green meadows as we head into the raw, biting cold terrain of the Sarchu Valley.
– After setting up camp early in the evening, we have dinner at a local dhaba or camp.
– We sleep in tents under a blanket of stars on this night.
– Early morning we pack our tents and leave Sarchu for the rustic, and remarkable city of Leh.
– Breakfast and lunch will be on the way.
– On reaching Leh we check into our guesthouse and freshen up.
– Later we will explore the local market of Chanspa and the Old Fort Road.
– After sundown it’s a must to try the local kababs on Old Fort Road.
– After dinner, we return to the guesthouse for the night.
– In the morning, after breakfast, we head up to Pangong Lake, which is the highest lake in the world.
– Set up camp early in the evening and light a bonfire.
– Later we have dinner while relaxing besides the lake.
– Overnight in tents.
– We head back to Leh.
– We explore some of the small villages on our way back.
– On arrival, we relax for a while and then head out to explore Leh Fort and its surrounding areas.
– Head out to one of the cafes for live music and a relaxed evening.
– Overnight stay at the guesthouse.
– This morning shall be a calm and laid-back affair. Get up at your own leisure, and have breakfast.
– Each person is free to relax or go sightseeing on his or her own.
– After sightseeing head back to the guesthouse for overnight stay.
– Early morning, get ready and head out to Nubra Valley.
– On our way to Nubra we cross Khardung la Pass, the highest motorable road in the world.
– Stop for a cup of tea or a plate of maggi at the highest cafeteria in the world.
– On reaching Nubra Valley, explore the village and surrounding areas.
– Early evening we will set up camp and light a bonfire. A night walk around the village is highly recommended.
– One can lie on the grass at the campsite and enjoy the infinite, starry night sky.
– Later have a simple dinner cooked by our host or locals along the riverside.
– Overnight in tents.
– Early morning set out for local sightseeing around the village.
– A double-humped camel safari and a visit to the hot springs is a must.
– Later we head back to Leh and check into our guesthouse.
– This is our last chance for souvenir shopping.
– Return to the guesthouse for the night.
– Early morning we will bid farewell to Leh and head back to Manali.
– Overnight at a guesthouse.
– This morning you can relax in Manali.
– Visit a few local cafes and unwind in old manali before boarding the bus back to Delhi in the evening.
– Arrive back in Delhi.
END OF TOUR
COST OF THE PACKAGE: INR 25,999/- per person. (Delhi to Delhi cost)
COST INCLUDES :
– All transport as per itinerary in tempo travelers/SUV
– Accommodation in guest houses in Manali and Leh on twin/triple sharing basis.
– Rent of tents for camping for 3 or 4 nights.
– Rent of camping gear.
– Bus tickets from Delhi to Manali and back to Delhi.
– Experienced local representative for the entire trip.
– Licenses and permits for Nubra Valley and Pangong Lake.
– All excursions and trips as per itinerary.
– Parking, toll taxes and driver’s allowance for the entire trip.
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE :
– Meals on the trip.
– Sleeping bag and sleeping mats.
– Rent of bikes/bicycles.
– Personal Medication.
– Alcohol and other drinks.
– Personal expenses like laundry, phone calls, internet cafe expenses.
– Any adventure activities/entrances.
– Any other expenses not mentioned in “COST INCLUDES.”
– Tips and gratuities.
– Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation, etc.
– It costs approximately INR 600/- a day to hire a bicycle in Leh and Manali.
– It costs approximately INR 1400/- a day to hire a good condition bullet in Leh and Manali.
– Option of having a buffet meal is possible at Sarchu, Nubra and Pangong camps. You can also carry instant noodles and get hot water at the local camps or dhabas.
– You can choose to conquer the highest motorable roads in the world on a bullet/bike to Pangong/Nubra instead of taking the tempo.
– Please carry all your medication.
– You will cry without woolens so do carry gloves, head gear and a good warm jacket.
– Sunglasses are important for those who don’t want to damage their eyes.
– Please carry Lip cream.
– Sunscreen lotion is a must.
– We only provide tents for camping. So please carry sleeping bags and mats.
We welcome groups and individuals between the ages of 18 and 35 on this tour.
For clarification, bookings and other details regarding the tour call :
Or 01126488694 (11am to 5pm)
Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us @ www.facebook.com/
* Biking groups are welcome to join us.
* Trips can be tailor made / organised for groups on different dates as well. A minimum of 10 travelers needed.
* Other camp site / travel package also available for groups.